Sunday, February 3

exposure

Well, did not sell any of my art - but - had several people in to see it and they professed to like my work.......I was not there most of the time but Dawn talked to them and told them that I had been doing art for only a couple of years.....which surprised most of them. I finished another piece today and already have it framed. It is an unusual painting technique.....you treat the paper first with medium..let it dry and use acrylic paint to paint on a color over the whole sheet..let dry....paint on another coat of paint (different color) use different tools to make designs on the paint - comb, fork, paper towel laid in the wet paint and lifted off, etc....be creative...let dry-- paint another coat of acrylic---spray on alcohol and the paint will bubble.....gives you very unusual looking art....

One of the pictures that I just finished and call "White" was painted on one of the above mentioned papers and is the background for a field of white flowers. I will post a picture on so you can see.

I will probably do some note cards of it. I love to experiment and try new and different things. I think that is what I like about art - it is so forgiving and you can just let go...... More later,

1 comment:

Maebelle Park said...

I emailed you a jpeg of WHITE, check you chould have it so you can post it.